SmartBear CodeCollaborator 7.0 Transforms the Agile Code Review Process
Date 2012/2/8 4:01:21 | Topic: Press Release
|SmartBear Software announced Code Collaborator™ 7.0, a major release that makes peer code review more productive and automated than ever before. Featuring revamped navigation, a streamlined, intuitive user interface, and a new SOAP API, CodeCollaborator enables teams to align their code review process with the core principles of agile development and deliver quality software faster. |
Kirk Poore, Software Engineer at DeniServ, LLC, a subsidiary of Delta Dental, said, “CodeCollaborator 7.0’s newly simplified review screens make it much easier to ensure everyone has reviewed and approved all documents and bug fixes. It also blends easily with Subversion 1.7 to form a nearly seamless process.”
New features of CodeCollaborator 7.0 focus on the following areas:
Improving User Interactions
* A new user interface expedites code review through: fewer clicks to complete review tasks, concise review status summaries, and streamlined views.
* New group access right options to a team’s specific files and reports enable CodeCollaborator to adapt more easily to each organization’s review processes.
Responding to Change
* New workflow capability enables team members to provide feedback to a developer’s review to foster coaching and improve skill levels throughout the development process.
* New custom field options allow enterprises to comply more easily with requirements for quality metrics and auditing.
Broader tools integration to support developers’ existing environments
* A new SOAP API enables customers and third-party developers to extend CodeCollaborator’s capabilities using industry standard technologies.
* Enhanced support for Perforce shelvesets, and Git, the free and open source distributed version control tool. CodeCollaborator 7.0 also adds support for Subversion (SVN) 1.7 and the latest IBM ClearCase Remote Client.
Kevin Ketcher, Software Developer, ImageTrend Inc., said, “CodeCollaborator has been a great teaching tool for us, enabling us to better understand our code by seeing what other users are updating and making us all better developers. Our team is able to find many defects and catch issues early in the development process, and resolve them before pushing to a testing environment.”
James Wang, GM and VP, Peer Review Products, at SmartBear said, “We’re excited about the significant new look and capabilities of CodeCollaborator 7.0 that bring a new level of intuitiveness, flexibility, and integration to our customers’ development and code review processes. Code inspection has been proven in studies as the most cost effective way to increase quality, therefore making code review fast, fun and simple have been our primary focus since the beginning, and we believe CodeCollaborator 7.0 delivers.”
Tens of thousands of software developers, systems analysts, firmware and hardware designers already use CodeCollaborator and its sister product, PeerReview Complete, to conduct peer reviews on code, images, design documents, and schematics, and identify software defects early in the development lifecycle.
CodeCollaborator 7.0 is available immediately.
About SmartBear Software
SmartBear Software provides tools for over 100,000 software professionals to build, test, and monitor some of the best software applications and websites anywhere – on the desktop, mobile and in the cloud. Our users can be found across 90 countries, in small businesses, Fortune 100 companies, and government agencies. Learn more about the SmartBear Quality Anywhere Platform, our award-winning tools, or join our active user community at www.smartbear.com