ThoughtWorks Studios Strengthens Adaptive ALM Suite with New Versions of Go and Twist
Date 2011/8/8 23:46:38 | Topic: Press Release
|SAN FRANCISCO, Aug. 8, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- ThoughtWorks Studios (www.thoughtworks-studios.com), a global leader in enterprise Agile development products and services, today announced new enhancements to its Adaptive ALM™ suite, including upgrades to its Go™ Agile release management and Twist® Agile testing solutions. Adaptive ALM, which includes the Mingle® Agile project management solution, is an integrated ALM suite that helps IT organizations improve team productivity, collaboration and the speed-to-market of quality software. It manages the entire application lifecycle while providing a completely flexible approach that allows teams to break free of heavyweight and prescriptive approaches to Agile software development, which stifle productivity and innovation |
"The Adaptive ALM suite was designed with ThoughtWorks' best practices in mind. Our goal is to help teams and organizations manage the broad challenges of the application lifecycle, where supporting disparate, hybrid and evolving processes are crucial," said Chad Wathington, VP of product development for ThoughtWorks Studios. "These new releases support Agile ALM by extending the traceability and audit capabilities for Continuous Delivery and adding support for popular open source automation tools."
Adaptive ALM addresses the shortcomings of traditional ALM solutions that lack the functionality to effectively manage Agile practices in the enterprise. It is a fully automated suite that supports all aspects of the software development and delivery lifecycle – from requirements definition and change management to test automation, quality assurance and release management. For developers and business team members, it provides a holistic set of tools that work in harmony to deliver real-time collaboration and visibility. Adaptive ALM also removes operational silos through cross-functional automation to help enterprise IT organizations effectively meet strategic business objectives.
Beyond reliably building and deploying software quickly, Continuous Delivery requires a clear, traceable and controlled path to production. Go 2.3 provides a market-leading solution for auditing, traceability and compliance in the software delivery process. In addition, Go's improved configuration interface makes setting up and managing build pipelines, and the Go server itself, even easier. Go 2.3 also introduces a new build visualization to help teams spot trends in build duration over time.
Specific new features include:
* Automatic verification of every file retrieved from Go's repository: ensures files haven't been tampered with.
* Agent history: view complete history and traceability of all work done by an agent.
* Recording of configuration history: sees exactly what the configuration looked like when a given task was conducted.
* New pipeline wizard: helps build pipelines in only three steps.
* Clone pipelines: clone existing pipelines with the click of a button.
* Job time out: Automatically time out jobs that have stopped responding.
* Auto deletion of old artifacts: configure Go to manage space on the server automatically.
* Visualize builds over time: analyze build duration trends for failing and passing builds.
The latest version of Twist extends Agile automated testing with Selenium 2 support and new capabilities to test web sites on Android and iOS (iPhone/iPad) devices. This helps organizations better manage heterogeneous environments by allowing different teams to use the web automation driver that suits them. Twist provides powerful test suite maintenance features to help reduce delays caused by difficult to update test suites.
Specific new features include:
* Selenium 2 support: supports the popular open source web testing tool, Selenium 2 – including a rich recorder for the new Selenium 2 Webdriver API– which drives test automation for Internet Explorer, Firefox and Chrome, as well as the Android and iOS mobile browsers.
* Refactoring propagation control: enables fine-grained control of how test steps are extracted into higher-level concepts.
* New Twist user interface: more easily update project properties, quickly change browsers between test executions, configure reporting options, and allow administrators to edit user-created properties.
Pricing and Availability
Go 2.3 is available Aug. 24. For more information and to download a free community edition please visit http://www.thoughtworks-studios.com/go-agile-release-management. Twist 2.3 is available Aug. 10. For more information and to download a free 30-day trial edition please visit http://www.thoughtworks-studios.com/agile-test-automation.
About ThoughtWorks Studios
ThoughtWorks Studios provides Agile ALM products and training. A division of the Agile consultancy, ThoughtWorks, Inc., it offers the tools, coaching and experience to help companies realize the full potential of Agile-based development in the enterprise. Its Adaptive ALM™ suite, Mingle® (Agile project management), Twist® (Agile test automation) and Go™ (Agile release management/DevOps), helps organizations manage and automate the application lifecycle through an adaptive approach that supports people and processes. Its Agile Workshops deliver training for all facets of Agile ALM practices. Customers include 3M, Barclays, BBC, eBay, Honeywell, McGraw-Hill, Rackspace and Vodafone. For more information, please visit http://www.thoughtworks-studios.com.