SmartBear Software Releases New Peer Review Tool, PeerReview Complete
Date 2011/8/3 23:21:12 | Topic: Press Release
|Beverly, MA, August 2, 2011 – SmartBear Software today introduced PeerReview Complete™, a new peer review tool that bridges the gap between software and hardware engineers to share, review, and annotate schematics, 2D drawings, diagrams, images, HTML, and other digital content. For the first time, hardware and software design teams can share and review both technical documents and programming code, keeping both teams in synch when issues are found and changes are made. PeerReview Complete shortens review times by facilitating communication across teams while simultaneously capturing the metrics and audit trail needed for compliance and process improvements. |
James Wang, Vice President, Peer Review Products at SmartBear Software, said, “Reviewing and marking up technical documents during the development cycle is crucial but still a huge challenge for teams, as all those artifacts traditionally were kept on paper. The complexity is doubled for embedded systems’ teams who must review technical drawings and software code. For the first time, companies can use the same tool to complete technical document reviews and let the software team review code. PeerReview Complete saves organizations time and money while improving team productivity and product quality.”
PeerReview Complete eliminates piles of paper from the review process and makes it quick and easy for teams to track the status of open issues and share files with team members in any location or time zone. With customizable workflows and fields, teams can design a review process that follows their existing business processes and create audit trails to meet compliance requirements such as those associated with CMMI and FDA standards.
PeerReview Complete offers comprehensive reviewing, reporting, and administrative features including:
* Synchronous and asynchronous reviewing to view and mark up documents in a virtual setting but also allowing remote users to complete reviews at their convenience.
* Live Chat during the review process using an instant messaging feature that records and tracks the discussion.
* Threaded comment tracking and automated review notification for managing discussion threads and comments with automatic email reminders about deadlines and completed reviews.
* Review hardware description languages to catch bugs in languages like VHDL and Verilog.
* Centralized reporting to automatically collect metrics such as staff hours spent in review, defect data, and number of reviews.
* Customizable workflows and fields to configure roles and templates and keep track of unique metrics.
* “Print to Review” functionality ensures that documents can be printed to a shared review format if the reviewer’s software is unable to natively read the document format.
* Super search across reviews, chat conversations, custom fields, issues, defects, file paths, and users to find all reviews that contain certain files, reviewers, or all defects relating to a particular checklist item.
PeerReview Complete is the latest addition to the SmartBear Quality Anywhere Platform™ which also includes CodeCollaborator, the industry’s first commercial peer review tool for software development teams to review software code.
For a full list of features, visit: http://smartbear.com/peer-review-complete/.
Join SmartBear on Tuesday, August 16, 2011 at 1 p.m. ET for Reducing Technical Document Review Times and Improving Quality, an introduction to PeerReview Complete.
PeerReview Complete is available immediately. To purchase or download a free 30-day trial, visit http://smartbear.com/peer-review-complete/.
About PeerReview Complete
PeerReview Complete is a peer review tool that allows companies to review, annotate, and comment on shared documents, images, schematics, HTML, and any other digital content that could be shared. The tool also helps standardize and track their review processes, often a key requirement for standards such as CMMI and FDA. Whether document review is needed within a department, across multiple time zones, or for client deliverables, PeerReview Complete reduces review times significantly and provides the audit trail and review metrics needed for accountability and process improvement purposes
About SmartBear Software
SmartBear Software provides tools for over 100,000 software professionals to build, test, and monitor some of the best software applications and websites anywhere – on the desktop, mobile and in the cloud. Our users can be found across 90 countries, in small businesses, Fortune 100 companies, and government agencies. Learn more about the SmartBear Quality Anywhere Platform, our award-winning tools, or join our active user community at www.smartbear.com, on Facebook, or follow us on Twitter @smartbear.