Introducing Release Management with Atlassian Bamboo 3.2
Date 2011/7/27 4:52:16 | Topic: Press Release
|The software release management process has gotten an assist with Atlassian Bamboo 3.2, the latest version of Atlassian's continuous integration tool. Bamboo 3.2 automates the release management process and includes several new features that give developers greater ease, flexibility and control over their builds. |
There are a number of steps that are traditionally performed to release a software application, including building and testing, tagging releases, assigning versions, deploying and activating the new version in production.
"Release management has become an incredibly complex problem, especially for large code bases," said Mike Cannon-Brookes, Atlassian CEO and co-founder. "With Bamboo 3.2, we are aiming to automate the release process down to the click of a button."
Bamboo 3.2 includes some powerful new features to manage the release process. Some of the new features in 3.2 include:
* Automating all (or most) of your release tasks using the Bamboo build process
* One-Click release process from the JIRA issue tracker that triggers the Bamboo release process
* Tasks - a recent Bamboo feature - allow you to automate everything from merging your code, tagging a release, creating a release branch, labeling the build and deploying
* Manual Stages allow you to pause automatic build execution at a specific step in your build process
* Restart a failed build Plan from the first failed Stage without having to re-run the entire Plan
For more information or to download a free 30-day evaluation, visit http://www.atlassian.com/software/bamboo.
Atlassian provides software development and collaboration tools to help teams conceive, plan, build and launch great products. More than 24,000 organisations of all sizes use Atlassian's issue tracking, collaboration and software development tools to work and deliver quality results on time and more efficiently. Learn more at http://atlassian.com.