Manage java code quality with Open Source Sonar 1.6
Date 2009/3/3 1:54:08 | Topic: Press Release
|Sonar is an open source platform, used to manage quality of java source code. The release 1.6 of Sonar has just come out. This release represents a major evolution of the platform : from a quality metric reporting tool, Sonar becomes now a code quality management platform. |
Here are the major functionality that were already available in Sonar 1.5 :
- Static and dynamic analysis on java projects
- Centralized configuration of quality rules to be used (Checkstyle, PMD and Findbugs)
- Ability to see evolution throughout time
- Management of event during project lifetime
- Consolidation of the project portfolio
- Drill down from project to class level
With version 1.6 Sonar we have added the management touch in 2 steps:
1 - Sonar is now able to manage multiple quality profiles which means that it is possible to handle in a different way libraries, technical project, legacy projects, new projects...
2 - It is possible to configure thresholds as part of a quality profile on any metric to be able to alert on issue. The alerts appear in the project consolidated view and the impacted metrics gets highlighted.
The Sonar web site : http://sonar.codehaus.org
The public instance of Sonar : http://nemo.sonar.codehaus.org