QASymphony releases JIRA Connector for qTest test management solution
Date 2013/8/6 8:15:34 | Topic: Press Release
|QASymphony has announced the release of a comprehensive connector for JIRA Download Version 5 and higher to qTest, their enterprise test management solution. qTest provides a collaborative work environment for teams to manage requirements, design test cases, plan test execution, track defects, and generate status and quality-metrics reports. The qTest connector for JIRA combines the test management features of qTest with JIRA to create a complete QA management solution. |
Developed by Atlassian, a San Francisco-based provider of enterprise collaboration software for product development teams, JIRA, is an industry-leading project and issue management software used by more than 19,000 companies.
“JIRA is the most widely adopted tool by software developers to manage issues and tickets,” says Vu Lam, CEO, QASymphony. “Recognizing the versatile nature of JIRA, QASymphony improved its qTest integration to accommodate JIRA’s various applications. Our goal with this integration was to provide testers with the ability to manage the entire life cycle of a ticket from within qTest and JIRA.”
The qTest connector to JIRA provides a seamless bridge that enables testers to tap into the full power of qTest’s test management capabilities. Users benefit from deep levels of integration at both the requirements and defect levels and a detailed, real-time exchange of information between the two systems.
* Import JIRA requirements tickets into qTest using smart filters
* JIRA requirements can co-exist with qTest requirements
* Changes to JIRA requirement tickets are reflected real-time in qTest
* Ability to track requirements tickets against test cases and test execution
* Test coverage reports for your JIRA requirement tickets
* Detailed traceability matrix report of requirement and test case associations
* 1-to-1 mapping between JIRA projects and qTest projects
* Direct use of JIRA credentials ensures the proper application of JIRA submission permissions
* View JIRA defects inside of qTest either as a specific ID or as part of a JIRA filter