Telerik Test Studio’s Latest Release Adds Support for Windows 8 and Visual Studio 2012
Date 2012/10/2 5:01:02 | Topic: Press Release
|Anaheim, CA (STARWEST), October 2, 2012 – Telerik, an end-to-end provider of software application lifecycle and content management solutions, today announced the availability of Test Studio R2 2012, the award-winning, all-in-one quality assurance solution for functional, performance and load testing. As part of the new release, Telerik has advanced Test Studio’s load and functional testing capabilities with features including goal setting, results analysis, automatic browser configuration and more. It is also among the first to add support for Windows 8 and Visual Studio 2012. |
“Testing in general and load testing specifically can be very complex and many of the products available today are overly complex and pricey,” said Christopher Eyhorn, executive vice president, Testing Tools Division, Telerik. “With our latest release we’re living up to our promise to deliver a robust testing solution that is simplified and has the user experience in mind – offering capabilities such as browser configuration assistance and visual data-binding as well as the ability to better analyze the results of load tests, set goals, monitor performance and integrate with Windows 8 and Visual Studio 2012 environments.”
Test Studio’s newly unveiled features include:
* Full support for Windows 8 and Visual Studio 2012: Telerik Test Studio is among the first to offer features including:
* Full test recording and execution support on Windows 8 – Test Studio can be installed and fully operational in Windows 8 environments
* Support for Internet Explorer 10 – Testing, recording, playback and execution done within the browser
* Seamless integration with Visual Studio 2012 development environments – already shipping with a Visual Studio plugin, with this release Telerik also adds support for VS 2012
* Goal Setting: The ability to add specific thresholds in metrics such as response times and HTTP errors. Load test runs will pass/fail as appropriate when goals are hit.
* Visual Data Binding of Find Expressions: Allows customers to data drive the find logic for their test element locators thus helping them save time and efforts on tedious, repetitive tasks.
* Automatic Browser Configuration: Users at a glance can ensure all their browsers are properly configured for automation using an easy to use wizard.
In addition, Test Studio R2 2012 now includes the ability to save favorite load test counters in templates, monitor performance of a selected controller or agent, Windows authentication for load requests and enhanced results analysis with dashboards included.
“Telerik has always been good about keeping the customers’ best interests in mind and they’ve done it again with Test Studio R2 2012,” said Kevin Babcock, director of Web Development, ScoutAdvisor Corporation. “While the product has always been easy-to-use, with the latest iteration including features such as automatic browser configuration and visual data binding of Find Expressions, it is even easier. It is the one QA platform that has both the testers and developers in mind.”
For more information and to view a demo, please visit Telerik at our STARWEST booth #’s 13 and 14.
Telerik is a market-leading provider of end-to-end solutions for application development, software testing, agile project management, reporting, and content management across all major Microsoft development platforms. Telerik’s award-winning software development products enable enterprises and organizations of every size to generate tangible productivity gains, reduce time-to-market, and stay on time and under budget. With tens of thousands of users in more than 90 countries around the world, Telerik’s customers include numerous Fortune 2000 companies, academic institutions, governments, and non-profit organizations. For additional information about Telerik, please visit www.telerik.com or follow @telerik on Twitter.