BRISBANE, Calif., Nov. 30, 2011 – CollabNet® (www.collab.net), the global leader in enterprise cloud development and Agile ALM, today announced CollabNet Connect™, a new integration framework for its TeamForge® ALM platform. It enables customers to orchestrate and govern application delivery processes across commercial and open source ALM and cloud development tools. In addition to integrations with leading ALM tools like HP Application Lifecycle Management platform and JIRA, CollabNet Connect also brings the Git open source version control tool into an enterprise-grade ALM platform. The Git integration provides users complete freedom of development approach, while simultaneously providing, for the first time, enterprise-grade Git governance and consistency of lifecycle practices for coding practices, release standards and IP reuse.
“As software delivery becomes a strategic business process, ALM strategies must keep pace with business needs. Modern development teams need a platform that supports diverse and fast-changing requirements for tools, technologies and processes,” said Bill Portelli, co-founder and CEO of CollabNet. “CollabNet Connect addresses that need, providing a complete ‘change management hub’ for IT enterprises that require central governance without locking customers into rigid software tools, repositories and configurations. Our approach is completely unique in that third-party tools can integrate natively to the TeamForge environment, both from a look and feel, as well as from a lifecycle traceability perspective.”
Software development and delivery processes, along with associated tool sets, continue to evolve and change with the mainstream adoption of Agile and DevOps practices. As a result, large and distributed organizations are struggling to gain cohesive visibility, traceability and automation from its growing assortment of commercial and open source tools, resulting in “siloed” practices and limited collaboration. CollabNet Connect with TeamForge accelerates enterprise software delivery by providing development and IT operations teams with a cross-functional, fully integrated governance platform to share and track ALM artifacts, and allow stakeholders to work collaboratively in the tools of their choice – on-premise or in the cloud.
Bringing Git to the enterprise, CollabNet is the first major ALM vendor to provide a comprehensive platform to govern and secure development with the Git DVCS tool, such as for mobile application development. Enterprises can now join more than 1,000 TeamForge users and take advantage of the speed and flexibility provided by the Git tool, without compromising corporate standards for compliance, security or management efficiency. Also unique in the industry, CollabNet, the founder of the Subversion open source project (now formally known as Apache Subversion®), allows TeamForge projects to use CollabNet Subversion, Git or both SCM environments. Find out more at (www.collab.net/go/Git).
In addition, developers can achieve increased productivity by connecting their point tools to an enterprise framework for collaboration, automation and IP discovery and reuse. Tools like Atlassian JIRA now become “first class citizens” in an enterprise ALM platform, gaining instant access to features for enterprise scalability, traceability and artifact discovery across multiple JIRA instances, and access to corporate templates for consistent software delivery processes. Find out more at (www.collab.net/go/JIRA).
Benefits of CollabNet Connect include:
* GUI Integration – Incorporates the third-party tools natively into TeamForge as a “first class citizen.”
* Lifecycle Traceability – Extends traceability for applications with uniquely identifiable elements (e.g. work items, requirements, tests, etc.) making these elements universally available through TeamForge associations for end-to-end traceability.
* Workflow Extension – Extends workflow for applications that need to subscribe, modify or respond to TeamForge transactions, allowing enterprises to implement workflows that cross conventional tool boundaries.
* Collaboration Extension – Enables enterprise-grade software and highly collaborative delivery processes across diverse and changing technology stacks and development clouds.
* Tool-chain Visibility – Provides unprecedented visibility across software delivery processes, resulting in software release productivity gains through IP sharing and coordination.
* Search Integration – Allows ALM stakeholders across the enterprise to search, discover and share artifacts and documents across workgroups and locations, no matter what tools are used.
* Governance Extension – Empowers developers to work with the tools they want without compromising any corporate governance mandates.
“ALM is not dead — it has become ALM 2.0+.” writes Dave West, vice president and Research Director in the October 2010 Forrester Research Inc. report: The Time Is Right For ALM 2.0+. “ALM 2.0+ tools and strategies accept tool and platform heterogeneity, imposing a boundary above practitioner tools and encouraging ALM to interact with those tools in the context of work and harvest information for traceability, reporting, and management.”
The TeamForge and CollabNet Connect solution provides:
* Empowerment of developers while, at the same time, enterprise visibility and governance of standards and data of disparate point tools.
* The ability to overcome JIRA scalability issues by providing a framework into which separate JIRA servers may be incorporated using the TeamForge services distribution capabilities.
* A mechanism to create repeatable processes using the TeamForge ALM Process template to create standards for silo’d teams that are configuring tools.
* IP reuse to help companies align individual and inconsistently configured point tools into a set of enterprise standards.
CollabNet Connect will be available through the release of TeamForge 6.1.1. More information and download instructions can be found at (http://www.collab.net/products/collabnetconnect/).
CollabNet is the recognized leader in enterprise Cloud development, powering global software development for more than 7,000 companies, from workgroups to enterprises. As the company that spawned from deep open source roots with the sponsoring of industry-leading Subversion, we are dedicated to leveraging collaboration, Agile methods, and Cloud computing to transform the way software development organizations develop and deploy applications, in their cloud or ours. Through this transformation, CollabNet clients have recognized improved productivity by up to 70 percent and reduced their cost of software development by up to 80 percent due to the implementation of highly Agile and enterprise-wide collaborative and distributed techniques. Our solutions include TeamForge®, the industry-leading Agile ALM platform for distributed developers, the Codesion cloud hosting and integration platform, ScrumWorks® Pro Agile project management, Subversion Edge for managed SCM, and Agile training and transformation services. For more information, please visit www.collab.net.