WALTHAM, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Telerik, an end-to-end provider of software application lifecycle and content management solutions, today revealed details of the second major release for the year of Telerik Test Studio, its automated software testing toolset.
Telerik’s latest Test Studio release delivers an expanded range of functionality. With the introduction of powerful features such as application performance testing, manual test creation and management, and HTML5 support to its next-generation testing solution, Telerik marks another milestone in its software testing solution.
“Telerik enjoys a unique relationship with its users – they understand that their input and feedback will always be welcomed because it helps us create high-quality solutions precisely tailored to their exact needs,” said Christopher Eyhorn, Executive VP, Telerik Testing Tools Division. “Our customers asked, we listened and responded by adding their most-requested features. With the integration of performance testing, manual testing, and HTML5, Telerik remains the pacesetter for innovation in the testing tools market.”
With this release, Telerik becomes the only testing tools vendor to offer both advanced UI performance and functional testing as part of a single intuitive solution. Users will be able to gauge both UI functionality and application responsiveness, locate and identify bottlenecks, and analyze test results without having to deploy multiple testing tools products. Test Studio enables customers to construct robust web performance tests that provide in-depth insight into the application’s performance metrics. Existing functional tests can be converted to performance tests with a single click, enabling easy data gathering on server processing time, network latency, and client rendering time. With this new performance functionality, setting performance benchmarks or conducting side-by-side regression comparisons is swift and trouble-free.
Also making its debut in the Telerik Test Studio R2 release is support for manual test creation, execution, and management. Manual testers who rely heavily on spreadsheets can now migrate existing tests to take advantage of Test Studio’s streamlined manual test maintenance and reporting. Users will now be able to set up and execute scenarios, as well as document bugs and test results from within the same feature-rich environment. A new fast-forward feature enables automation of repetitive manual test steps, saving valuable man-hours, accelerating the testing process, and further boosting overall productivity.
Other features being rolled out in this release include:
* Support for HTML5 – Translators for a variety of common tags deliver a reliable testing solution for early HTML5 adopters.
* Element management enhancements – New capabilities, including real-time search, sorting, filtering, and the ability to easily move tree elements within the element explorer offers granular information and test scenario management and control. Customers can also add test steps directly from an auto-generated list that is based on a selected element from the elements explorer.
* Simplified test execution on remote systems – Remote execution servers can run as non-administrative users, accelerating total execution time by enabling test suites to be run simultaneously across multiple systems.
* Find Expression UI improvements – New and upgraded features elevate ease-of-use and allow automatic generation of on-demand find expressions directly from the UI.
* Heightened browser support – Users can now concurrently run a test list against all major browsers. Support for the latest Firefox v7.0 has also been added.
* Enhanced support for XAML/Silverlight/WPF platforms.
Registration for a webinar with additional details about the R2 release is now open at www.telerik.com/automated-testing-tools/support/webinars.aspx. For more information and details about Telerik Test Studio, please visit www.telerik.com/automated-testing-tools.aspx or follow @TelerikTesting on Twitter. For more information about Telerik, please visit www.telerik.com or follow @Telerik on Twitter.
Telerik is a market-leading provider of end-to-end solutions for application development, automated software testing, agile project management, reporting, and content management across all major Microsoft development platforms. Telerik’s award-winning software development products enable enterprises and organizations of every size to generate tangible productivity gains, reduce time-to-market, and stay on time and under budget. With tens of thousands of users in more than 90 countries around the world, Telerik’s customers include numerous Fortune 2000 companies, academic institutions, governments, and non-profit organizations.