The Sonar team is pleased to announce the availability of the release 2.5. Sonar is an open platform to manage code quality.
The new release brings the following features :
* inheritance of quality profiles : share rules configuration into a common quality profile.
* tracking of violations over time : detects new violations
* since the previous analysis
* over a predefined number of days
* since a given version
* since a given date
* changes of measures throughout time : displays measures variation on
period (identical to above)
* new Java rules :
* instruction "break" should not be used outside a switch statement
* instruction "continue" should not be used
* total class complexity should not exceed a predefined threshold
* depth of inheritance should not exceed a predefined threshold
* new database cleanup job to remove unused data
* new web service to get history of measures (time machine)
* support the annotation @SuppressWarnings in order to improve the comment //NOSONAR
Many thanks to all the contributors for their feedback and their patch.