Adopting new software development approaches like Agile and Scrum is always a challenge. There is a natural tendency for part of an organization to resist changing and some prejudices exist against Agile, mainly due to a lack of knowledge.
This article by Kevin Dunne lists the main misconceptions about Agile. It also provides some tips on how to overcome these prejudices to get Agile adoption on track in your organization:
* Tip #1: Don’t bang a square peg in a round hole
* Tip #2: Don’t dwell on the name
* Tip #3: Focus your efforts and show success early
* Tip #4: Make sure your door is always open
* Tip #5: The customer is always right
You can read the complete article on http://www.scrumexpert.com/knowledge/are-prejudices-stopping-your-agile-efforts/